Sunday, June 9, 2013

Holy Shift.

So much to my surprise, I came home after Morp to a new car. I had switched my parents cars for the day so I'd have enough room to drive everyone to Park City, and after seeing the way my car would slide when I pushed the brakes, they decided it'd be pointless to spend more money trying to fix the stupid thing than to just get a new one. And that's the story.

Anyways, it's a beautiful little Mazda 3. Her name is Mazey and I love her so much.

This is what it looks like, except mine is a lot darker of a blue and it's got a little sparkle in the paint. I literally love it.

 
The one downside was that it's a stick shift.
 
It's been really rough learning to drive it.
 
My dad isn't one for slow learning either. The first thing he had me do was drive in mid-day traffic to Lowes. So. That was fun.
 
I had a really hard time starting, after that I'm fine. But starting is just hard.
 
Brady and my mom came to teach me the first day, and once, I killed it trying to start about 15 times in a row. I was so mad, just screaming at the car until we finally realized I was in third gear, not first.
Oh the adventure that was.
 
I'm doing a lot better now and learning to like it, but I'm still deathly afraid of hills and always pray I don't have to stop on them.
 
It's been fun though, wish me luck.
 
I need it to become second nature.

No comments: