Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Scary Night..

I have had a really busy week. I went to Girl's Camp on Monday, came home Tuesday, went to Volleyball Camp Wednesday and Thursday, and went back to Girl's Camp on Thursday. Thursday night it was raining and cold. I was soaking wet and it was windy. I was absolutely freezing. I started shaking and shivering so a couple of super nice people let me use their jackets. Even though I had the jackets though I couldn't stop shaking. Soon Jodi (my friend McKenzie's Mom) asked me if I was ready to leave. (She was going to take me back home that night.) I didn't respond to her and so she and Heidi jumped up. Heidi grabbed my hand and pulled me up. She started pulling me behind her. Once we got out of the Pavillion we were sitting in, Heidi told me to stay with Jodi while she went to get the nurse. I felt just fine and I was confused as to the reason why they were getting the nurse. The nurse came back and told me to follow her finger which I did. Then they started pulling me down towards a cabin so that I could get warmed up. They gave me blankets and dry socks and jackets. I became surrounded by people that I didn't know. I was really nervous. These people finally decided that I needed to go to the Emergency Room. Someone took me to their car and made me sit down. I still didn't know anyone, but a man came up to me and told me that he needed to check my blood sugar. I am very scared of needles but I had to let them do it anyways. It hurt and I was crying. I still didn't understand what was going on. The man told me that my blood sugar was normal but that I still needed to go to the ER. Soon Heidi joined me in the car. She was comforting me and keeping me calm. I was really glad to finally have someone that I knew. When we got to the hospital, I got out of the car and the doctor made me sit in a wheelchair and be wheeled into the hospital. I was holding Heidi's hand and still very scared. I got into a hospital bed and laid down. Soon I was getting my blood pressure checked. Heidi was still there and was then joined by Jodi, Lisa, and Linda. They are all so nice to come with me. The nurse put on my hospital bracelet and then they doctor came in. He checked my breathing and other basic things like that. He told me that he needed to draw my blood. I shook my head and would not let him do that. So he left and I was alone with my four leaders again. They were talking to me and stroking my hair, and holding my hands. They made me feel peaceful instead of so nervous and scared. (Afterwards they all four told me that I was constantly shaking and that my eyes were always moving rapidly.) The doctor came back and told me that I had to go have a cat scan. He said I would have to lay still for ten minutes while it x-rayed my brain. Again, I was terrified and was so glad to have Heidi there the whole time. After the cat scan I had to get my finger pricked AGAIN! I absolutley hated it. It hurt really bad. I know this is getting really long so I will make the rest short. My Mom got there, the doctors told me I could go home, I said goodbye to Lisa, Linda, and Heidi, and then got in the car with my Mom and Jodi. I fell asleep on the way home and now I am doing better. I just shake every once and a while, and sometimes still feel cold. I have heard that the doctors think I was cold and in shock, then had an anxiety attack mixed with possibly hypothermia. It was a crazy night and I am so thankful to my leaders staying the night up there with me so that I wasn't alone.

No comments: