Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School Days!

Yep, it is official, school has officially started as of yesterday. The first two days have been pretty good and I am pretty excited for the rest of the year. (And, for it to be over as well! :) Here is my schedule!
1st Period: Office Assistent - Mr. Hansen (Erin and I do this together! It is so much fun and just a really easy and relaxing class! We run errands, do check-ins and check-outs, write admit slips, put up the flag, and anything else the faculty wants us to do!)
2nd Period: French 3 - Madame Transmeyer (Erin and I have this class together as well. Madame Tensmeyer is really nice so far. She is pretty young it looks like to me, and I know that I will have a good year in her class.)
3rd Period: Seminary - Brother Call (I am in this class without any real friends. However, my teacher is really funny and nice!)
4th Period: Lunch! (Yay! Erin and I have lunch together!)
5th Period: Earth Systems - Mrs. Bolton (Erin and I have this class together and it seems ok. I don't enjoy science extremely but the teacher is pretty nice so I will get through it!)
6th Period: Math - Miss. Blair (Even though Erin and I have it together, I still don't like it. Math is really not fun, and it is my least favorite subject. However the teacher is ok so I will live.)
7th Period: IB Honors English - Mrs. Killingbeck (This class will be hard but fun and worth the trouble! Erin and I have it together and the teacher is funny and nice so far!)
8th Period: Geography - Mrs. Reed (Erin and I have it together. It is really boring and the teacher is just ok. Blech.)
So as you have probably noticed, Erin and I have all of our classes except 3rd Period together. The reason behind this is Mr. Hansen messed with our schedules to give us as many of the same classes as possible. He also made sure our lockers were right next to each other and we had almost the same combinations! He is so awesome and made this school year so much better for us! Two more quick things: the weird thing about this year for me is that the ninth graders are on a half block schedule. This means I go to classes #1-4 every day, and then on "A" Days, I go to #5 & 7 and on "B" Days I go to classes #6 & 8. However on Fridays I have to go to all 8 of them! Talk about confusing!
Ok last thing! This year I tried out for the volleyball team this year. I went to volleyball camp and practiced hard but I still didn't make it. I am not really sad about it because I knew from the beginning that I didn't have a great chance. It was a good experience though and now I really enjoy playing volleyball! I hope everyone is enjoying the new school year!



No comments: