Monday, August 15, 2011

Girls Camp 2011

Every year we get to girls camp and I think to myself, "Has it already been a whole year?" I will be the first one to admit that girls camp really isn't my favorite thing. I'm not one to deal with sharing a bathroom with 120 other girls. Or sleeping on hard wood. Or getting eaten alive by bugs. Or the crazy extremes in weather. But I go every year anyways. Well this year turned out better than most have. I think I owe it to being a YCL. I loved that I didn't have to do certification. Major bonus. I was over the first year girls, and for the most part I liked it. Of course we had our trouble girls, but we managed to work through that and have fun.

At least a plus side is going to Heber Valley camp. I would really prefer to sleep in cabins over tents.

I was with Jordann Jones and Skyelie Kimber in my cabin and it was really fun to get to know these girls (:

Our amphitheater

I got to mess around with Linda's Pentax camera. It was a way nice camera and she had some incredible lenses. It was way fun. 

The challenge course was like the highlight of camp. It was so much fun!! It was basically like team building exercises. But it was fun. (: Emalee and I were the only team in our group to make it across the wires together. It was pretty cool. The biggest part of the challenge course was the high wire and zip line! You had to climb up a really high pole, walk across a wire only holding on to ropes, and then zip line off of it. I had  no problem getting up and across. It really didn't scare me like it did for some of the girls. My problem was jumping off for the zip line part of it! I didn't feel comfortable just jumping off the super high platform! All the things that might go wrong were running through my head. But in the end, I jumped, and then it was way fun. I loved it (:



We got to canoe out on the lake which was pretty fun (:


Crazy Hair Night!


My incredible leaders, Heidi and Lisa. Who always happen to get caught with bunny ears right when I take their picture (: Ha ha, gotta love Joyce. (:


Skit night... I don't mind watching the other wards' skits, but I hate being in them.

Lisa and I (: She just so happened to oh so lovingly braid my hair for me while we were up there. Ha ha it was quite the experience, but actually turned out really cool (: 

Spending time with my awesome ward

It was also really fun to have cute Lyndsey up there with us for the first time. Since I was over the first years, I got to spend a lot of time with her. Love that girl (:

I know that girls camp definitely doesn't plan itself! So grateful to all of the people that put the time, work, and energy into planning it for us! They really are amazing!

I love my leaders and my ward. We had a pretty good time. (:

No comments: