Sunday, March 24, 2013

This and That.

It's hard to find time to blog, and so when I do, it's like a modge podge of everything into one post. But I'd rather do it that way than not write it down at all, so here's some of the things I've been up to:

 
Gage's mission farewell! I love this kid and I know he's going to be a great missionary. He's headed to Columbia in just three days! Crazy!! He did such an awesome job on his farewell talk, and I'm really excited for him. I love these kids!
 
We love it when we all match. It happens all the time and I have no idea how.
Black and coral!(: This was the day we taught Kena how to drive Brady's stick shift. Brady's taught me before, and I do pretty good except for when I have to go in reverse. Fun day. (:
 
Lacrosse has started up again and I love going to watch Brayden's games! Colton's not playing this year so we can go together. It's a lot of fun. Our team is doing awesome this year so far and I can't wait for more. (:
Who pulls off my sunglasses better... me?
 
Or him? (:
 
This was a night we'll never forget. We went coning (basically you order a soft serve ice cream cone at a fast food place and then instead of taking it, you grab the top and squish it all over the person who's handing it to you) and it was insane. I was so nervous, but they made me go first and I did it. The lady was so mad at me! Then Brady did it and her guy tried to catch it for her, I think he felt bad about what happened instead of being mad. Baylee however chickened out, but instead went to Wendys and ordered from the McDonald's menu. We've done that before and they just get really annoyed.
"We'd like a hot n' spicy McChicken and an Oreo McFlurry."
"This is Wendys, not McDonalds."
"Oh ok, then we'll just take a Big Mac."
 
And so on and so forth. Well Baylee was in the driver's seat of my car doing that when the guy at Wendys got super mad and came outside to yell at us. We all started screaming and Baylee drove way fast out of the parking lot. We didn't even make it onto the main road before we got pulled over. We were freaking out. We didn't know if Wendy's had called the cops or if we were in trouble for going too fast in the parking lot. All we knew is that none of us were wearing seat belts yet, Baylee was driving my car without being on our insurance, my insurance card was at my house, and Bay didn't have her license on her.
 
Baylee said her first swear word that night and I'll never forget it. If you know this girl you know she never swears, she's probably the most innocent girl in the world. She's been offered $50 to swear and still won't do it. But in this scary moment all I hear is her say, "Holy s***." And then my jaw dropped to the floor. That tells you how freaked out we were. Hahaha.
 
He came up to the window and said, "To think I just came to get a hamburger." Baylee was paralyzed so I talked to the cop across the car. Lucky for us, he just heard us screaming and wanted to make sure that we hadn't been threatened or anything that he needed to be aware of. He was actually the nicest guy ever, but it sure gave us a scare. Lucky he didn't ask for a license!(:
 
We went to watch Colton open his call, and he's headed to Fresno, California on July 31st!(: I'm so proud of him. (: (I'll probably laugh at this picture forever... Oh Brady. ) (:
 
GOT MY PASSPORT. It's here, it's here!! Made everything feel so real. (: It's awesome.
 
Speaking of passports, Kena and I made countdown chains for our 100 days to Europe mark! I can't believe how close we're getting. Only 86 days as of today. Wow.
 
Hung out with Colton while all of our friends ditched us to go to California. That's ok, we had more fun than they did anyways(;
 
You know you are best friends when you can decide to have a sleepover on an impulse because you have tooth brushes at each others' houses. (:
 
Finally, late nights that lead to realllllly weird things with my best friends. (: This night definitely happened, and we'll laugh about it for the rest of forever.
 
Oh how I love you Senior Year. Somebody slow it down!

No comments: