Thursday, April 19, 2012

Festival of Colors!

I have been wanting to go to the Festival of Colors forever. I was sad when I found it that it was exactly the same day as my prom this year! Well, I found out the next week that they were doing two this year! They've always done one in Spanish Fork, but they were now going to do one in Salt Lake! Correlating soccer, work, and time schedules was hard, but Brady and I managed to make it down there.

I hate driving in traffic, and mostly parking, in Salt Lake. So stressful. I did it though and we made it there and back alive! (:

I didn't really know what to expect, but upon arriving, people immediately started throwing colors at me. I was colored from head to toe within minutes! The colors are all perfumed and when they are all together, they have a really cool smell.

There was crazy Hindu music and chanting, very social people who hugged just about everyone, and many guys running around without shirts on. It was very like, hippie, or something...

The best part was the throwings! All of the thousands of people there would collect into a group and then an announcer would count down, and everyone would take a handfull of color and throw it into the air at the same time. It was absolutely beautiful, especially being in the middle of that!

Getting it in my mouth was super nasty. And some people threw it so hard at my face and eyes that I thought I was going to end up blind. But it was worth it. Best experience ever!













Went to work after, just like that. That was pretty much horrible.
Also? 4 washes later, and there is still orange and green in my hair.
Goodness.


No comments: