Thursday, July 4, 2013

Europe - Day Seven

We woke up early again. I think we are starting to get the hang of things finally. We got all packed and headed downstairs. After a short breakfast we got on the bus to make our way to Liechtenstein. Liechtenstein is one of the smallest and the second richest country in the world. There isn't whole lot to see there and it's a lot like Switzerland. It was cool to be there, especially since not a whole lot of people have been. We got the chance to get our passports stamped, being tourist crazy like we are. We had to pay for them, but it was worth it. (:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Proof I've been to Liechtenstein. (:  

We got the chance to be in four countries in one day. We were in Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria and Germany. Who else can say they've been in four countries in one day? Cool. 

After Liechtenstein, we got back on the bus for a long ride through Austria into Germany. I tried to stay awake for a while, but after an hour I was fast asleep. Luckily, because I don't sleep much here so I really needed the rest!(:

We made it to Germany and stopped for lunch at a pretty cafe. Finally got some American food after so much gross food. We had chicken nuggets, fries, and macaroni and cheese. Haha. We did however try a cool German drink called Spezi. It was coke mixed with orange flavors. Kinda reminded me of a dirty diet coke that I adore from home. It was nice though because I've been craving Wendy's. Also, Kena and I just want ice. Like. So. Bad. They don't use ice in Europe hardly ever. Are you kidding? We survive off of ice. So that's been a rough loss for us. 

After our pretty lunch, we headed up to Neuschwanstein Castle. It's the castle that Cinderella's castle at Disneyland is modeled after. Ummmm. Oh my gosh. What could be more perfect for me? I'm a straight up princess loving girl. I'm the princess of princesses. I was so excited. To get there though we had to walk up a one mile super steep path. For the most part,  I have sucked at picking shoes. I wear hiking shoes for simple strolls around town and then for this ridiculous hike up a steep mountain, I happened to be wearing sandals. No one warned me. But it actually wasn't too bad. I'm seriously going to have hot legs after this trip from all the muscles.  

 
 
 
 
We got up there and it was totally worth the walk. The most gorgeous castle I've ever laid eyes on. So pretty. I can see why they'd model Cinderella's castle after it. Ahhhh!(: I was in heaven. It is set all alone in this enchanted looking forest straight out of a fairytale. We hiked up a little farther to this amazing bridge between mountains with a perfect view of the castle. The bridge was kind of sketchy since the wood was old and shifted when you stepped on it, but I didn't care. The view was perfect. I want to be a princess and live there. The king who built it only lived there 172 days before he was murdered. Evidently he was mentally ill and spent like half the treasury on this castle so everyone was mad. But his murder is a mystery. Him and his psychiatrist were both killed. Weird.  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He had 14 wood carvers working for 4 1/2 years just on the wood in his bedroom. Crazy detailed.  

The castle is unfinished on the interior, but we got to tour the completed rooms! It was beautiful. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside to prevent the paintings from deteriorating. We were sad cause I wanted to show everyone how beautiful it was.  

I'm pretty for sure this will have been my favorite part of Germany when this trip is over. I loved every second. Felt like a princess(: I got a pretty keychain, postcards, and this darling crown necklace. I was so excited. This was definitely my kind of thing. (: 

After we got to explore the area a little and then we got back on the bus for a two hour ride to Munich for dinner.  

Oh man. The dinners keep getting worse and worse.... Tonight's went seriously downhill. They started with an appetizer of some sort of soup. And yuck. Looked like dog food soaked in water. We hated it. And they forgot about Kena so she didn't even get any. But that's ok because it was terrible. Next they brought out the main dish. Still confused about whether the side was potatoes or pasta. But it was alright. Then we had meat. They knew what it was finally, pork. Not terrible but we only had a few bites and called it good. Then for dessert we had like a custard with creamed rice and sprinkles. It was terrible again. The texture was unbearable. So that was my dinner. German food is even worse than Swiss.

Eww.  

Made me feel happy that I got the chicken nuggets for lunch. Good plan. So.  

Funny server though, he was absolutely crazy!(: Melanie, Kena, Mckenna and I were sitting by Garrett and the server came up and asked him which one of us was his girlfriend. Garret said we all were and the server congratulated him and told him good job. He also said that he has two girlfriends and that's already too much work so Garrett should probably choose two. (: Hahaha. He asked Henson to move to Egypt with him too. Just a crazy outgoing guy!  

After dinner we had another 1 hour ride back to our next hotel.   

And this hotel was a joke. Haha. We walked into our room, Kena, Danza, Cassidy and I, and it was pitch black. We wandered around in the dark looking for a light switch and none of them worked. Eventually we discovered that you have to put your room key card in the wall to get the lights to come on. 

Next I went to take a shower. The bath water was running but I couldn't make it come out of the shower head. We had to go ask the front desk how to use the shower because we thought it was broken. It was complicated but it works. 

Then we went to open the window, and behind it was another window. Weird.  

Plus you have to pay for wifi which nobody was happy about. 

But it's a nice hotel like always and we were definitely ready to go to bed. (:

No comments: