Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Goodbye.

This was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Say goodbye to my other half for two whole years. It literally broke my heart.

We had the most perfect week before he left. I'm not even sure why it was perfect, because we didn't do anything all that spectacular. Starting with his perfect birthday onwards, everything was just amazing. (: We spent every second together that we could. Even matched at church!(: We made balloon animals, watched a lot of movies, got some food, played games, and were just together. I already miss all the times where we'd sit around doing nothing, because it was everything to me.

Writing this post is even hard because I'm still so fragile. I see couples walking around and I just want to cry. I miss it so badly already. He's my very best friend in the world, and I just watched him walk away. There was nothing I could do about it, and nothing I wanted to do about it. I know that's where he needs to be and there's nowhere I'd rather have him be. It was just hard.

 
My Europe trip caused me to miss his farewell which was the worst. I never wanted that to happen, and I'll probably regret forever that it did. But I made it back in time to see him afterwards and spend another perfect day together.
 
Helped him pack on Monday, and that was hard. We both cried a lot all day.
 
 
He gave me one final present, a keychain and a pillowcase that say "I heart my missionary." Hahaha he's so funny, he says this is a gift to both of us. It's cute for me and insurance for him. His plan is that if I ever go on a date, I'll come home to that pillowcase and feel so guilty I'll never do it again. And if I drive on that date, the boy will see the keychain and back off.
Made me laugh(:
 
 
 
He also wrote me a song, which was absolutely beautiful. He says it starts happy like our perfect relationship has been, then goes minor for a while, like this separation we have to deal with, then it gets happy again at the end. I love it. He called it "Our Unfinished Story." Wow, he's adorable. It meant a lot to him, he couldn't listen to it without tears. So neither can I.
 
He was set apart that night, and the last ten minutes before that were the hardest.
We knew no more touching, texting, anything really.... It was miserable.
 
Don't we look happy?(;
 
We went down to his setting apart after that. It was wonderful, and his dad gave him a Father's blessing afterwards. So glad I got to be a part of this.
 
I went to get my iPod, and found this snapchat on the screen. Not even sure when he found the time to do that, but it made my night. (:  I love this boy!
 
His bishop was waiting outside for me after we said our goodbyes for the night. He gave me some good advice and was very kind and understanding.
 
Then it was up at 5 AM the next day to leave for the airport at 5:45.
 
 
Once we got there, it was a pretty quick goodbye. I was a hot mess, let's be honest. So thankful for his family, particularly his grandmothers for holding me while I cried. They were so sweet and I felt like I was their own granddaughter. I'm blessed to have been able to spend so much time with his amazing family, I adore all of them.
 
 
 
 
 
I have the best friends and family. So many calls, texts, treats and etc, just to make sure I was doing ok. I'm lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing people.
 
He sent an email Tuesday night letting me know he'd made it safely to the MTC. It was so good to hear from him. I know all his letters and emails are going to keep me going. I also bought a digital voice recorder we can send back and forth.
 
I love you Elder Stone. I miss you. But I know you're going to do great things. I'm so proud of you and all that you're doing. Good luck!!

1 comment:

Courtney Hamilton said...

I know it sucks. You're going to be fine though! I'm a month and a half into it and it does get easier! He is going to be so amazing, Ash! Love ya!