Thursday, June 25, 2009

Heritage Days Part One!

So Heritage Days is half-way over and I really want to be able to remember this experience. Blogging just happens to be the perfect way to do that. So I am going through all the days so far!
Monday:
Dinner and a Show and Syracuse Idol
I went with all of the royalty and my jumelle Erin to eat dinner. We had breadsticks, spaghetti, cookies, and salad. It was all pretty good. Afterwards, I was introduced to the community as their Miss Teen Syracuse. Then we watched Syracuse Idol. There was twelve contestants and three? judges. I watched them all perform their first song. As part of my platform, I decided to go through all of the trash cans to collect all recyclables. It was pretty disgusting but Erin helped me and we got through it. Over all it was an awesome night and I will always remember it.

Tuesday:
Senior Luncheon
I got to the Senior Luncheon about 30 minutes early. So I got to greet everyone as they came in. Everyone was so nice to me - congratulating me, telling me how pretty I looked, and just being grateful for everything. After the rest of the royalty showed up, we began to serve dinner. Everyone was so gracious about it! We served them fruit cups, drinks, cookies, their entree, and ice cream. There was so many people there! I was really surprised at the huge turn-out! But it was fun! Next, they had both of the queens (Brinlee and I) perform our talent. We did, and I was kind of nervous at first, but no one paid any attention anyways. So everything turned out fine. Lastly, the mayor had us give out prizes. There was a wide variety of prizes you could win - clocks, glasses, plants, flowers, pans, and other items. After it was over, I once again collected the recycling and helped clean up. I am glad for the experience and I get to do it the last Friday of every month this year!

Wednesday:
All-Star Baseball Game
For the game Brinlee and I had to throw out the first pitches! I was unbelieveably nervous! I don't play baseball and I was being expected to pitch the first ball, Overhand!!! Yikes! Well, I got to the pitcher's mound and threw the ball the best that I could, and it made it to the catcher ok. Everyone clapped so it was all good in the end! All that worrying for nothing!

I'm realizing that I need to enjoy and remember everything that I do this year. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity!

I hope everyone has an awesome day! Ciao!

No comments: