Thursday, May 27, 2010

Farewell Speeches

These are the speeches that will go in the program book at the pageant:

Mine:
I can hardly believe that my reign as Miss Teen Syracuse has already ended. It feels like I was crowned just yesterday. I feel so blessed to have been given the chance to serve my community as Miss Syracuse Outstanding Teen. This was an amazing opportunity and I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. I’d like to thank my family and friends for their continual support, both financially and physically. I’d also like to thank my hostess Heidi Brophy. She is an incredible person and I couldn’t have done it without her. I owe a huge thank you to Marla Call and the rest of the Miss Syracuse committee. They’re great at what they do and none of this would be possible without them. I’d also like to thank my Little Miss Syracuse, Lyndsey Brophy. She is one of my favorite people in the world and she has been great. This has been one of the best opportunities of my lifetime.


I’ve so much enjoyed being involved in the community. I’ve been able to discover for myself how outstanding our city really is. I’m also very grateful for the chance I had to promote my platform. I’ve loved talking to our community’s children about the importance of recycling. It’s something that is extremely important to me and sharing it with others made it all the better. I know that this chapter of my life is over, but I’m ready to turn the page and start a new one. I will continue to strive for success in my life, and this experience has proved to me that I am capable of it.


I’ll remember this year for the rest of my life. I’m so grateful to have had this opportunity and I’ve learned so much from it. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.


Miss Teen Syracuse 2010 – Ashlie Albrecht

Lyndsey's:
This year’s Little Miss Syracuse was Lyndsey Brophy. Lyndsey is the daughter of Sean and Heidi Brophy. She just turned 11 and just completed fifth grade. Lyndsey enjoys singing, acting, and dancing, and participates in Showstoppers. She was in her school play and considers acting a big part of her life. She also enjoys reading, playing softball, hanging out with her friends, and listening to music.




2 comments:

Baylee said...

AWWWW...! Ash, I am SO proud! :) I LOVE it! Like, seriously! :)
luv ya!
Bay :)

Jamie said...

so I commented on a lot of your posts... some from a long time ago so check them if ya want haha