Thursday, August 5, 2010

Say YES to the Dress!

I guess I have been watching a little too much Say Yes to the Dress because I have been thinking about wedding dresses a lot! Seriously, I know what I want my dress to look like. And I'm going to show you! (Before I do, let me just say I understand I'll have to do some alterations to make them modest. But ignore that part for now. :)
Ummm, definitely not it. It is a mermaid style dress so it is super tight and form fitting until it extends out a little at the ankles. No. Just no. It's your wedding! Be a Princess like.....


this! Make the dress gorgeous with a princess style ballgown!

I don't like plain dresses like this! I want all the bling, beading, and dramatic I can get in a dress! For example....

This! Rhinestone beading accents, and brooches! To die for! This one is a Pnina Tornai. I love this designer. She makes the most gorgeous gowns! Ah!

Ok....this one looks like a nightgown. Why choose that?! No make it a wedding dress! Not something you could confuse with an old comforter! Try something more like.....

this. Gorgeous yet elegant. I wouldn't mistake this beautiful wedding gown for a night gown!

Other dresses that I like........

Pretty but not overpowering.

Loving the dramatic photography right? But seriously, LOVE this dress. Pnina Tornai my friends. Just saying.

This one isn't my favorite but still really pretty. Not loving the gold thing either. I am going to wear white on my wedding day. Hello? It's a wedding.

Yet another Pnina Tornai. I love the flowers in th bottom and on the one shoulder. Just amazing when you use the design principles and balance the dresses' design features!

Other designers that I like:
♥ Priscilla of Boston
♥ Kenneth Pool
♥ Badgley Mischka
♥ Lazaro

So what'd you think? Yes I know everyone has their own opinions of wedding dresses, and of course everyone should wear what they want to wear on their wedding day, but this is my blog! So sorry if you enjoy mermaid, plain, or nightgown dresses, but this is what I like. (: What's your favorite kind of wedding dress?

If you want you can look around at your favorite dresses on KleinfeldBridal.com (I love Kleinfeld. ♥ ♥)

You know....I could be a wedding dress consultant for a career......... (:

2 comments:

Mikayla said...

I too, love Say Yes to the Dress! and I agree nightgown dresses no matter how much beading and detail they add in to them they still look like something you would wear to bed!

Great post!

-Mikayla

Ashlie said...

Thanks! Say Yes to the Dress is amazing! And yeah seriously. I just don't get why someone would want a nightgown dress!! That's just....ugh. No. Ha ha.