Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Shouldn't Be Alive.

I've finally started driving with my instructor. Finally.  I'm basically in the last group of students to drive this year. Oh well. I got some more practice in the mean time and whether I drove at the beginning of the term or not until now, I still have to wait until July before I can get my license anyways. I've driven twice! Let me tell you a little about my experiences?

The first time, we just did residential/rural area driving. I was so nervous and had major butterflies. I volunteered to drive first because I just wanted to get it over with. 40 minutes later, lucky for me, he said I did a great job and he didn't have anything really for me to work on. I was feeling super relieved and happy. Little did I know... I switched places with my partner, Tyler. He almost killed us like 3 times!! He would slam on the brakes, accelerate way crazy, and he didn't grasp the concept of turning. My instructor, Coach Batchelor, had to keep grabbing the wheel and saving our lives. Once he even turned into the oncoming lane of traffic!! Seriously. I don't think I want to drive on the freeway with him...... I'm terrified.

The second time, was supposed to be the freeway drive. My partners didn't bother to show up though so I was all alone! He really isn't supposed to be alone with one student, so he felt bad but he said he needed to send me home and reschedule. Then he stopped me and decided we could go pick up his daughter and have her drive with us. So we picked her up, but he wouldn't let us do freeway so we just did city driving. Again he said I did a great job, so I'm happy. (:

What's not cool is that now I have to be scared for another few days about going on the freeway! I wanted to just get it over with~!

Oh well. (: I'll be fine. And I am actually starting to really like driving!!

*Positive side note - I passed the written test with 92%!!!!! WOO! (: I only needed 80%! I'm one step closer to getting a license. (: *

1 comment:

Courtney Hamilton said...

You're gonna pass with flying colors! Good job, girl! (: