Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks.

Another Thanksgiving already? Wow, crazy. But I love Thanksgiving. Nothing drives me more crazy than when people listen to Christmas music and have Christmas decorations set up when November isn't even half over yet.
 
No one really takes the time to appreciate or really celebrate the meaning of Thanksgiving.
 
One of my favorite traditions of November is when everyone says something that they're grateful for on Facebook or Twitter everyday during the month. Reading them really reminds me of the things I am blessed with that I so often forget.
 
I'm a very blessed girl and I realize that sometimes it can be extremely easy to take things for granted. But I try to think about all the incredible things I'm surround by.
 
I'm so grateful for my family and friends. I'm grateful for a car to drive to get me where I need to go. I'm grateful for the job that I have. I'm grateful for a warm home to be in to escape the cold weather. I'm grateful for my health and that my body is in good condition. I'm grateful for the chance to be educated. I'm grateful for the gospel, and all that it helps me with in my life. I'm grateful for service - both the chance to give it and the blessing to receive it. I'm grateful for the influences in my life. I'm grateful for talents. I'm grateful for music. I'm grateful for Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I'm grateful for photography and the meaningfulness of photographs. I'm grateful for creativity. I'm grateful for the clothes that I have to wear. I'm grateful for sleep, when I have the chance to get it. I'm grateful for technology and the incredible help it is in my life. I'm grateful for the beauty of nature. I'm grateful for my pets, because they bring me incredible happiness. I'm grateful for the safety I'm  blessed with everyday. I'm grateful for the Young Women's program. I'm grateful for the people who can always make me smile. I'm grateful for patience. I'm grateful for jewelery. I'm grateful for dishwashers and laundry machines. I'm grateful for make-up. I'm grateful to people who are amazing examples for me. I'm grateful for my space heater, because without it, my room would be freezing. I'm grateful for kindness and forgiveness.
 
And that's just a few things.
 
I feel like I could go on forever, especially mentioning all the little things that we don't usually think about.
 
One of my favorite quotes is, "What if you woke up today with only the things that you thanked God for last night?"
 
Good reminder to be more grateful and express that gratitude more often. I need to work on it, but this holiday is good reminder to do it.
 
So let's give thanks.
 
Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: