Sunday, September 25, 2011

5K!

Gorgeous picture I know. (: I am by no means a runner. In fact, running is one of the things I hate most in life. Nonetheless. I did a 5k! I even got a legit number and everything! How'd I get sucked into doing it? Baylee. Oh the things I do for my friends. (: Her little love interest asked her to come run the race as a fundraiser for the ROTC, which he goes too. She was going to do it with Aly, but the day of the race, Aly got way sick. And thus, I had to go. Saying I ran it would be a lie. (: We basically speed walked/jogged it. I wasn't planning on running and I'm not in shape at all. We could have gotten a pretty good time had I actually tried, but we still finished in 40 minutes. So we were pretty impressed with ourselves.
Good memories. (:

Side note. While trying to get there, we were supposed to turn left onto the entrance ramp to the freeway. Well, Bay missed the turn and we had to go find somewhere to turn around. So we drove into the Air Force Base, and Bay turned down this road figuring she could turn around somewhere down it. Well we drove past this huge sign saying "DO NOT ENTER. Restricted Zone. Explosives Only." Yeah, how freaky is that? We could have died. Ohhhh the good times Bay and I have. I love that girl!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's awesome! Let me know when you're ready for your next 5K and I'll run it with you.