Saturday, September 17, 2011

Homecoming!

I. Am. SO. Excited. For. Homecoming!!

Crazy story really how it happened, but I can't even wait.
I am going with Brayden(: Woo! Seriously. Excited. (:

So, story:
Well, this boy named Gus was very much making it seem like he wanted to ask me to homecoming. Everyday he'd ask me if I'd been asked yet. And one day he told me he had decided who he was going to ask. When I asked him who he was going to ask, he told me he couldn't tell me yet, and that I needed to trust him and I'd find out. Well, I started thinking he wanted to ask me, and I kind of was freaking out because I really wanted to go with Brayden. So I texted him and told him what was going on and he told me that he just didn't think it would work out. He didn't think he could get work off on only his second week working there. Well pretty much I was way depressed. I'd been hoping we could go together and it just crushed me to think it wasn't even a possibility.

Three days later, Brayden came and asked if he could talk to me during lunch. He asked me to homecoming! I went from really sad to being on top of the world! I was so excited. He had to ask just straight up because we weren't sure if Gus would ask me, and he needed to be first. (:

Well then... When I got home from school that same day, I was working on homework when I got a text from a number I'd never seen before. It said, "I know you just got a tub of blue ice. Break it open to see what's inside." I ran upstairs and outside where on my porch was just that, a tub of blue ice. I took to the back yard and beat it into the concrete until I got it to break open where inside I found a plastic bag with my name on it. I opened it to find the following note:
"Now that we've broken the ice, will you go to homecoming with me?" - Gus

I started freaking out. I had just gotten asked twice in one day. Within hours of each other. And now I had to say no to Gus. I felt so so terrible! But I just talked to him at school the next day, told him what happened, and told him how sorry I was. He was very nice about it, just telling me he was happy for Brayden and that he hopes I had a good time. It still made me really sad. I almost wish he'd been angry, because then I wouldn't feel as bad as I did when he was so sweet about it! You know what I mean?

So after that was taken care of, I was free to just be extremely excited about going with Brayden. (: And then, this Thursday, I came home from a hair appointment to find this:





Hershey's Kisses covering my stairs, bathroom floor, bedroom floor, and hallway (I have enough chocolate to last a year (: ), Roses on my dresser, roses and roses petals in my shower, and a big poster that said, "Now that I've kissed the ground you walk on, and showered you with roses, will you go to homecoming with me?"

It was a way cute way to ask. And it was from Brayden!!! (: I was so excited!!! It was basically an amazing day. Made me really happy (:

So then I got to answer him! It was way fun, not gonna lie (: I did it in the following way:

"Price of a calendar: $11.95 (I heard cats were your very favorite animal because they're intelligent (; )"

"Price of a coloring book: $2.17 (Because you make me feel like a princess in a fairy-tale (: )

"Price of a picture frame: $1.00 (I really hope our homecoming pictures don't turn out like this! (: )

I had to change it to a toothbrush and toothpaste because the mouthwas was leaking.
"Price of toothbrush and toothpaste: $3.13 (I heard you've been kissing the ground....? (: )

"Price to print a photo: $0.28"

And this was the picture under the sticky note! 
The sign says "But going to Homecoming with you would be priceless! Yes!"

I put all those items and more in a basket, took it to his room and decked it out with streamers and balloons. It was so much fun and just really helped me to be even more excited!


I can't wait for homecoming! (: My first high school dance (:
I'm such a lucky girl! (:

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Just one question...what's with the "there's more where these came from" sign? He's not going to, you know, KISS you at the dance? Have I not given you the no kissing talk? We have to talk!

Courtney Hamilton said...

Ash! Crazy girl! I am so excited for you!! We definitely need to talk more about it! (: Love you dear!