Saturday, September 17, 2011

March of the Titans!

As a way to earn money for cancer research, our school held a "March of the Titans!" Basically you pay two dollars to register for it and then you spend from 9pm-9am walking around the track. You get pledges for each lap around the track you make. Just kind of a way to give back. Well, I got extra credit in a couple classes to do it, and I thought it'd be fun, so I did it with some of my friends!







So basically, we started walking at 10. It was kind of cold, but definitely dealable. Then Bay had to leave at 11:00 to go to work and Logan left also. Then it was down to Brady, Brayden, Justin, and I.
Well, it started pouring rain. I was soaking wet. Haha it was freezing! But we kept on walking! And around midnight the rain died down. So we walked around and around until about 2 am. I hadn't eaten since lunch and I was starving so Brady was going to leave to get us a pizza! Well apparently she went home to change first and fell asleep in the process. So she never came back. It was awesome.

So Brayden and I just kept walking! It would pour rain on and off and sometimes we'd have to take shelter under a little roof. It was pretty cold. It was way fun though just to spend time with him!! Well, it got to be around 3:30 am and the rain was not letting up. We figured it just wasn't worth it, so we decided we'd just go home. We'd been walking for hours, we were soaking wet, and exhausted. The only problem was I had had to park on the complete other side of the school. I could have walked home faster than it would take me to walk to my car! But Brayden being the amazing boy he is, walked me all the way to my car with an umbrella so I wouldn't get even more wet. It was so sweet of him since his car was so close!!!

But eventually we got there. And my whole body was frozen. So driving home was quite the experience. But then I took a hot shower to kind of defrost. And now I'm really sore.

BUT! It was a really good experience. (: And I had a lot of fun. (: It was a night well spent. (: I'll have those memories forever!

No comments: