Monday, January 21, 2013

Preference!

Preference is definitely going to be the best. We've spent the last couple of weeks getting ready for it and I'm way excited!!
 
To ask Brayden, I spontaneously decided during the snow storm we had last week to build a snowman to do it. Brady and Whitnie helped me, but it turned into quite a mess. The plan was to build an upside down snowman to look like he was doing a cartwheel and have a sign saying, "I wanted to "snow" if you'd go to Preference with me since I'm "head over heels" for you." The bottom of the poster would have a little note saying "P.S. X marks the spot." And we put my name in a ziploc bag and buried it in the snow, but then put x's over the whole entire yard.
 
Well it was a way cute idea, but we ran into a few bumps. First of all, we finally had all the pieces of the snowman made after an hour and when we went to stack them, the head got crushed. So we were going to try to fix them, but then Brayden's mom came outside and said he got off of work early and was on his way home! We panicked and decided to just leave the middle and bottom of the snowman and make it work.
 
I ran to the car to get the stuff to decorate it with, but quickly realized I'd locked my keys in the car. And my phone was in there too. Awesome. So I borrowed his mom's phone, and asked him to come to my house because I "had something to give him." Baylee saved the day and went to get the spare key and bring it back to me. In the end it all worked out ok, the only downfall was Brayden having to spend an awkward hour with my mom while we figured everything out. Hahaha. Good thing he forgave me for that.
 
 
 
We asked Brady's date, Austin, the next day! We spent 3 hours blowing up balloons with 6 people. It was a TON of balloons. We dropped them all off in his room with a sign that said, "It'd color my world if you went to Preference with me! Pop the balloons to find my name." So he popped all the balloons to find no name. That's because we'd give his parents a poster that said, "You've done the pop, now here's the question: Preference?" attached to a balloon with her name in it.
 
It was way cute and we did it without running into any problems. (;
 
His room was covered with balloons!
 
 
Kena and I also asked Colton for Baylee since she was in Georgia last week. We made a poster that said, "You and I'd make a great combination at Preference!" Then we listed a ton of girls and combinations underneath it and a combination lock attached. The point was whichever combination unlocked the lock was the girl who asked him, but me being very dumb left the combination on the back of the lock. Whoops. I'm bad at these things apparently.
 
Then came dress shopping! These were a couple I was thinking about....
 
 
But I love the one I actually chose and I can't wait to wear it!
 
Then me and Kena have been planning our day date. It's pretty creative, but very involved. We worked on it until like 3 AM last night.
 
 
And in the process, she literally stabbed me with scissors. Hard core. There is a giant hole in my hand. I bled through 4 bandaids already. Owwwwww.
 
Then like 20 minutes later, she sliced open my finger.
 
All I'm saying is this better be a fun day date after going through all that.
 
But I'm way excited. I love going to dances with all my best friends! We're going to have the best group yet!!

No comments: