Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blonde.

Yes, I admit it. I have had some serious blonde moments in the past. What can I say? I am sure everyone has them every once in awhile, I just seem to have them more often.

For example, I saw on Facebook a blonde joke. Joke was:
Brunette: I heard Christmas is on a Friday this year."
Blonde: I hope it's not on the 13th!"
So I am genuinely confused. I think to myself, "Well of course you wouldn't want Christmas to be on Friday the 13th! That'd be way sad considering it's bad luck reputation!!" Two house later, sitting in class thinking about how stupid the joke was, I got it. Yeah.

Another time, I was sitting through a very painfully long math class. In the middle of our lesson, I was dying to know what time it was just to know how much longer we'd have to sit there in pure boredom.  Unforunately for me, I sat on the opposite side of the classroom from the clock and from my angle, the clock was covered up by the flag. So I got up and went and looked at the clock. On my way back, my teacher says, "Ashlie, what are you doing?" I tell her that I was in desprate need of the time to which she looks at me like I'm crazy and says, "Um, you are wearing a watch you know." I look at my wrist. Yep. I was.

Last week my friends came up to me very excited!
One of them says, "We just heard the best joke ever!! Want to hear it?"
So I say sure.
He replies, "K, it's 90 degrees outside and it's snowing. How many pancakes can you fit on a doghouse?"
I tell him I have no idea whatsoever.
He then says, "None because it's cold outside!!!!!!!" Then all of my friends started laughing hysterically!
I really didn't know what to think of that because I couldn't figure out why that was so funny. Then it hit me.
"Oh I get it guys! You can't fit any pancakes on a doghouse if it's 90 degrees and snowing outside because if you put one on the doghouse it would land on the snow. Then the heat would melt the snow to water and the pancake would slide right off!!!!"
*friends laugh even more hysterically then they were laughing before*
"Guys, what's your problem?! You're all crazy!!"
"Ashlie that was a fake joke! We were just trying to confuse you!"
Thanks guys. I made sense of a fake joke.

Lastly, this is something my family will not forget about. I don't even remember what we were talking about but I made the comment that it'd be fun to visit the island of Alaska. Apparently, Alaska isn't an island. Well then why do they show it like an island on U.S. maps?! You know, in the corner by Hawaii? Lame.

1 comment:

Madi said...

the fake joke.
well dear, when you gave the explanation. I agreed. Don't feel horrible! :]