Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Fun!

Halloween is a fun time of year. (: I love autumn, and everything that comes with it! I was so sad to find out I have to work on Halloween night this year! :( It's really not ok with me, but I don't exactly have a choice. Well, I have done a couple fun things to celebrate Halloween this year!

1) At our FCCLA fall activity, we painted pumpkins for a first grade class at a nearby Elementry School. We were each given a name of one of the students to paint one for. I got the name Devynn. I assumed it was a girl because I'd never seen a boy spell his name like that. So let's hope it's a girl because I made the pumpkin kind of girlish. (:
I just painted the whole thing white, painted her name on it, and then did polka dots all over it in red, orange, and yellow. I thought it actually turned out pretty cute! (:

2) At work this week, we were supposed to dress up in our costumes! Well, I woke up this morning, and realized I had like 15 minutes to pull together a costume before I had to leave for work. I had nothing to wear and no plans. So I turn to my trusty little crown collection (: Pageants have once again saved the day!

I ended up deciding to try to be Rapunzel from Tangled! I put on a little purple dress that I have, did my hair in a braid and put flower clips in it! Then I put my crown on so people might be able to figure out what I was. Hahaha, it was interesting but it turned out ok. (:

My inspiration:


My interpretation:


Pretty close, right? (; I didn't think it was too bad for a ten put-together! (: I love dressing up! Too much fun! Especially as princesses, which I love even more (:

3) Going to the Pumpkin Walk!

It's so cool to see all the hundreds and hundreds of pumpkins that people carve! I love our Syracuse tradition (: Seriously, some of them were really cool this year. I was very impressed. I had a lot of fun with Brayden, Brady, Justin, and Logan (: (:


Other fun holiday happenings include the Halloween assembly at school, going to corn mazes, scaring Brayden half to death when he was at my house yesterday (haha (: hahaha), and soon- carving pumpkins! (: I hope everybody has a Happy Halloween!!

No comments: