Monday, October 10, 2011

New Job.

Last week, I started my new job at Sub Zero Ice Cream!
So far I have really been liking it!
I like my coworkers for the most part, the job itself isn't too hard, and my boss is way cool.

Sub Zero is not your typical ice cream place. At this store, we make the ice cream right in front of you using whatever bases, flavors, and mix-ins you want. We mix it together in a completely liquid state, and then pour liquid nitrogen in (which is negative 360 degress) which instantly freezes the ice cream! It's really cool, but definitely really cold. It's definitely no fun when you spill that stuff on you!

The nitrogen gives off tons of this smoke when you pour it in. It's freezing and fun!
It's so cold, it literally bounces off the floor or your clothes if you spill it.

It's kind of slow to do, so people have to be patient, but it definitely tastes amazing!
I love it.

We are supposed to wear these ugly polos, but because my boss Jamie hates them, she lets us just wear black shirts. (: She's really great and I'm glad I'll be working for her.

My hours aren't too bad either! I'll still have time for school and a social life! (: It's perfect. (:

One bad experience I had on our pre-opening social for friends and family..... One lady came in who was lactose intolerant. She wanted to have a soy milk base instead of the usual requests for premium, custard, or yogart bases we get. The owner of the Centerville Sub Zero was there helping out and he told me I had to shake the soy milk up before using it. However... he failed to mention that with the soy and rice milks, the lids don't stay shut so you have to hold them.... Well since I didn't know that, I just started shaking it, and the milk went flying all over me. It was pretty funny, even though it was embarassing. I had to go to the back to wash my hair out. It was so gross. But I definitely learned my lesson! Won't be doing that again!

I'm glad to have a job! It'll be nice to start making money!!!

1 comment:

Mikayla said...

Yum! I love ice cream! I will have to come visit you and try your ice cream (: