Sunday, June 26, 2011

Heritage Days 2011

I spent Heritage Days this year with Brady and Baylee! (: We went to Syracuse's Got Talent, Battle of the Bands, the carnival, seeing all the vendor booths, the fireworks, all the fun stuff! (:  I just love heritage days. It's my favorite time of summer. (: So much fun.

Well. At the carnival this year, there was a game where if you can throw a ball into one of the cups in the middle, you win a goldfish. Brady and I played it, but we of course didn't win. It's pretty much impossible like most of the games there. Well Brady wanted a fish, so we went to Walmart to get her one. There was only one alive, the others were all dead stacked on top of each other, and it had blood on  it's eye and by it's mouth. Gross. But she bought it anyways for $5. And accordingly named him "Blood." We took him over to Baylee's house and put him in their little fish aquarium that wasnt' being used at the moment. Well, he like spazzed out and then like 5 minutes later died.
Blood is the large white blob in the tank. He was one big fish.

So then we were all depressed. He died like an hour after we got him! So we went back to the carnival and played the game again. There was a boy and a girl working. So while the boy was watching us play the game, the girl was sweet and put a ball in a cup for us, but the boy thought we'd thrown it so he gave us a fish! This was our second fish of the night. He was a little baby size goldfish, and his name was Joshua. We took him back to my house and put him in Aubrey's fishbowl with her fish. He lived! Until today. I don't know if he made it overnight or what, but he was dead when I came home from church. And so we gave him a proper burial by feeding him to our turtle Franklin.

Maybe Brady, Bay, and I just weren't meant to have fish.


Us with Joshua when he was alive.

Joshua dead. :( 

I give up.

1 comment:

Mikayla said...

Haha oh my gosh. this post seriously made me laugh.
Fish are so hard to keep alive, and when they do live you just want them to die so you don't have to take care of them anymore. Maybe there's a untold secret or something?
(: