Sunday, June 26, 2011

"One Enchanted Evening"

Wow. That is the only word I can think of to describe this day. It was Baylee's 16th birthday party. It was a surprise. And it was incredible. Her mom put so much work into making this one special night, and it totally was. I'm so crushed because I took SO many pictures and lost them all... stupid computer... other then the few I uploaded to picnik to edit. So I'll just show you as best  as I can!!

So. Her mom took her to get a prom dress for her "birthday present" on Tuesday. Baylee picked out this beautiful black dress with white beading from Maceys. It has such a beautiful train and I just love it. Then Aly and Bay's mom had me hang out with Bay all day on Thursday so they could set up. We went to the mall and had a freaking awesome time trying on dresses and taking pictures, meeting crazy people like usual, and just hanging out!


Then at about 3, Aly came to get us, and took us back to Bay's house. Aly got out of the car, but her mom was waiting to just jump in. She took off driving and took Bay to get glitter toes!! It was fun, and her toes turned out way cute. Then she got her hair done in this fancy up-do, with a cute little tiara in it. She looked gorgeous. We went back to her house, where Bay put on her dress, and I kept her busy by taking her pictures in it! I'm SO so sad that I lost all of them. I took like 100! Goodness. I'm way sad. But here are the four I recovered.



Doesn't she just look gorgeous?!

Little did Bay know, her family had set up a scene right out of a Disney movie in the backyard! There was an awning, white curtains, little sparkling lights everywhere, and candles lining the deck and stairs. I mean the place was gorgeous. We told Bay to count to ten and then come outside where everyone was waiting. She absolutely loved it. And so did I. She was the beautiful princess of the night!!

For dinner we had a cute princess dinner, where each princess was represented by a different food. It was just so darling. Then we sang karaoke, gave Bay our advice on how to have a "Happily Ever After," and just got to talk.

Then it was present time! Aly had asked everyone beforehand to make their present correlate to a Disney movie. The example she gave was that for Tangled, Bay was getting a frying pan, and then lots of stuff for her hair and hair accessories. This was really hard for me! I tried everything from going to get her a fish to represent Finding Nemo, to getting her a bunch of balloons, putting little gifts in them, and then filling them with helium to represent Up. Nothing was working out! Finally I remembered the saying from the movie Tinkerbell, "All you need is faith, trust, and a little pixie dust." So that's what I based my present off of! I got her a little key chain with charms, one of them saying "Faith" for faith, a best friend picture holder with a picture of us in it to represent trust (like, she can trust me because we're best friends! I couldn't really think of anything else. (: ), and then sparkly eyeshadow and nail polish for a little pixie dust. I thought it turned out cute. I made a little card that said, "For a fabulous 16th birthday, all you need is faith, trust, and a little pixie dust." I think she liked it! It was fun to see what everyone got her. (:

Then finally, they had a fire performer come do his perfomance for us. It was pretty cool, not gonna lie.

Overall, it was an amazing day. Coolest birthday party ever. I'm so happy for Bay, and that she's 16 now!! (: I love her to pieces, and I'm so glad to have her as my bff. (: Don't know what I'd do without her. Happy birthday Bay!!  (:





No comments: