Thursday, June 9, 2011

Piano Recital 2011!

Today, I got piano recital #1 done!! Thank heavens. I'm ready to put this stress behind me! It went pretty good! I got to go 2nd this year, and I was so happy. She usually puts the students who've been taking longest at the end, so I'm always almost last. It's terrible because then you have to sit in anxiety of your turn! But this year, I just got it over with and then I was free to enjoy the rest of the recital! I played "Prelude and Toccata" by Alexander. That's one exciting title!!! Not. But it was a pretty fun song. This was a challenge to learn! Julie thought she'd be moving so she wasn't planning on holding a recital until a couple months ago! That's when she threw an 11 page song on me to learn and memorize quickly. It was an easier song for me, but it's still a lot of work to put in!! I'm proud of myself for learning it so fast and for doing pretty well at the recital. Hopefully I can say the same the second time around.....!


Me and Kenz!

My grandparents and I

Me and my parents

Julie and I! I just love Julie. She is such an amazing teacher and really has helped me so much! Plus we just have so much fun at my lessons. (: I'm lucky to have her!!!

No comments: